Saturday, February 23, 2008

Good Day



God had His way today. The last half of this past week has been rainy with a forecast of rain today. Our desire was to hand out flyers in the Eagle Harbor Houses so we needed no rain. The day started with rain in the early morning (6:30 am). As we made it to Carrollton, the rain stopped. As I was leading the Discovery Groups’ study (John 3:1 – 21), the sun came out. It was awesome.
Gil had a great idea to speed up the process of putting out the flyers. Since there was Gil, Teresa, and I was putting out the flyers, we did it as a team in the car. Teresa drove the car, Gil sat in the back rolling up the flyers and handing them to me, and I sat in the right seat putting the flyers in the boxes under the mailbox. It went smoothly and fast. Since it was overcast, we saw and talked with only 2 people. But we were able to put out about 300 flyers in an hour and half. We pray God will use these flyers to further His Kingdom.
As Teresa and I drove back home, I was listening to K-Love and looking at my hands (Teresa was driving); as I listened to the music and looked at my hands, I wanted God to use us in Carrollton. God brought back to mind that He is the One Who does, and I’m commanded to follow His lead. My empty hands reminded me that I have nothing He needs. God doesn’t need me; God wants me. I couldn’t say anything but just sat there and said, “Thank you for wanting me.”
May God use these flyers to get something started in Eagle Harbor Houses.

No comments: