Friday, January 01, 2010

Elohim (Infinite Power and Absolute Faithfulness)



Romans 15:6 say, “so that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

I love praising God for His goodness and being able to point people to Jesus Christ; it’s my purpose in life to do so. The first name of God (used in Genesis 1:1) is Elohim which stands for infinite power and absolute faithfulness. This past month has been one event after another that God has shown Himself to me to be Elohim.
First God has given us Ripley after I’ve given up wishing for a child. Not only did He give Teresa and me a child, but He gave us a sweet adorable to little piece of Sunshine (my nickname for her). I get lost in time while holding her and looking at her.

Second, God carried Ripley through her Intestinal Malrotation and the Ladd Procedure to correct it. God showed Himself absolute faithful during this. Ripley has a scare that is maybe 2 inches long but with time will fade. I am so grateful for God’s faithfulness to us in healing her with no setbacks. He didn’t have to heal her but He did and for that I cannot praise Him enough.

With the last month of medical stuff, I am thankful for the insurance we have through Dollar Tree. The bills are starting to come; the amount not covered by the insurance is adding up. Teresa and I know that God will supply the funds to cover them either through the Flex Spending Account I have at work, the money in our savings account, or through another means. He has been faithful to this point and we have no cause to would now.

Just today (the reason I’m writing this) God saved us 10% on a new hot water heater. Lowes gives discounts to veterans and Teresa served in the Army in the early 90’s. This took a nice size out of the cost. Even in the little things God shows Himself. With Him being so faithful and loving to us, how can I not spend the rest of my life praising Him? It’s just practice because that is what I’ll be doing in heaven; praising my God and Savior.

No comments: