Monday, January 25, 2010

Knowing His Voice



I called home this morning to check on how my ladies were doing. Teresa put the phone to Ripley’s ear and I said hello and that I loved her. Teresa shared with me that Ripley had a big smile on her face when she heard my voice. She knows her daddy’s voice. I’ve talked to her the entire 9 months she was in Teresa and I talk to her all the time. I even act like we are having a conversation (I do her voice). It put a big smile on my face when Teresa shared that with me.

This made me remember the passage in John 20:15-17 where a resurrected Jesus called Mary Magdalene and she knew that it was Jesus. She spent so much time with Jesus that she knew his voice. The more I spend in God’s Word, the more I know when it is God speaking to me through His Spirit than my imagination. The more we spend reading the easier it is for us to know our father’s voice. Just a short note of my thought on the subject.

No comments: