Sunday, January 17, 2010

I See Angels Daddy



Whenever I’m holding Ripley, she stares out into space. All babies do this but ever once and awhile I see her smile or frown at the empty space. It makes me wonder if is she seeing angels. You may never know. Mark Driscoll wrote in his book “Confessions of a Reformission Rev” that his daughter was acting out because she wasn’t getting enough sleep. If I remember correctly, she was 3 years old and when he asked her about it she told him a man would not let her sleep. That made Mark pray for protection over his daughter. You see, the man could have been a demon sent to disrupt the home life of Mark to keep him from his calling of proclaiming Jesus to his community. Here in American, we don’t think much of the supernatural other than in movies and T.V. shows. There is a war going on. Jesus Christ won the war on the cross but Satan isn’t going down fighting.

As a Christian, he cannot touch us but he can disrupt things if we do not keep our eyes open for him. My favorite print is titled “Spirit Warfare” where a father is praying over his child. Behind him through the bedroom window you see an angel holding back a demon (see the graphic which is the print). Now that Ripley is here, that means so much more to me. Because of Ripley staring at nothing made me think, I wrote on my “What Does The Bible Say Series” blog a posting on Angels. If you want to see what the Bible says about Angels, click on my profile and click on “What Does The Bible Say Series.”

Parents, always be mindful of your children and their spiritual journey. If they have not made a decision about Christ, pray that God will draw them to Himself. As a Christian and as a parent, my ultimate goal is first to bring glory to God the Father and secondly to point people to the cross which includes Ripley. Ripley is told everyday that God loves her and died for her; even though she is only 2 months old. You can’t start too early.

No comments: