Monday, December 28, 2009

Daddy Time


The last few hours at work today went by so slow. All I could think about is how much I wanted to see my two ladies. When I got home, I gave them both a kiss. Teresa needed to do some stuff so I got to have some Daddy Time with Ripley. I just can’t get over how precious she is. She is so adorable.

Baby Ripley had her 1 month doctor appointment today. Teresa reports that she has grown 1 inch (she's now 20.5 inches long) and her head grew 1 inch (I knew she was smart; brain growing). She has not gained any weight so she is still at 7 pounds 8 ounces. We've felt that Ripley could have acid reflux because she tends to get this look on her face and she smacks her lips like she tastes something not good after she feeds. The doctor has prescribed something for us to give her. We noticed the other day that Ripley had a rusted look in her diapers and the doctor is thinking her body is rejecting protein from Teresa's breast milk. We have to buy this special formula and Ripley will need to feed on that for at least a week and then the doctor will see if we can go back to breast feeding. Teresa will pump this week and Lord willing Ripley can go back to the breast. Teresa told me that Ripley had a rough day because of the shot in her thigh. There is a cute little band-aid on it.
Teresa and I are in good spirits because this is something God will handle. Ripley is so adorable and precious. I look forward to seeing what type of person she will grow into. Ripley is in good health despite the rough first month of life she has done.

Through all this, God is good. He has provided me with a great job with great insurance. He is taking care of us and He will make sure Ripley grows and knows Him as Savior.

1 comment:

Ditto News said...

She looks like Thumbalina, so dainty and princess looking in that fancy dress.