Sunday, December 06, 2009

From The Father’s Eyes



I will never really know how God views us. Now I am a father, I might have a better understanding of how He may view us. This morning I held Ripley for a while so Teresa could get more sleep. As I held her, I kept looking down at her. I get lost looking at her (time tends to fly). As I looked at her, I thought, “she is so small;” “she is so fragile;” “she needs her Mommy and Daddy for everything.” As I thought these things, it hit me that is how God sees us.

God has us in the palm of His hands. As He looks down on us, He knows we are so small, fragile, and we need Him for everything. God has given us everything; our food, housing, clothes, and even our mental capacity. God designed us to be who we are. He put us together.

I enjoy holding my baby and talking to her and I long for the day she I can talk with me. God longs to speak to us through His Word (the Bible), and He wants us to talk to Him (prayer). Being a parent has helped me see a little clearer how God may see us.

No comments: