Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Wow Day



I just had one of those wow moment days. Today is my first day back to work; getting back into the norm after Ripley's surgery. I was stopped by Dean Jones, the V.P. of Transportation, and he told me that he was following Ripley's journey through my blog and that he and his family were praying for us. I was surprised that he was reading my blog. I know is a conservative Catholic but I never would have guess he would take the time to read my blog. You never know who reads these things.

Another wow moment was while driving to the gym for my daily exercise; Teresa called and gave me some great news. Ripley has gained 4 more ounces. That is great news since it took her 3 weeks to get back to her birth weight. This means that the Ladd’s Procedure to correct the malrotation has helped with her gaining her weight. God is good.

Our God is so faithful to us; even when we aren’t faithful back. He is so long-suffering. He gives us so many chances to correct our ways before He corrects us. God is not standing in heaven with a thunder bolt ready to throw it at us at any given time when we step out of line. He sent us His word so we can know what we should do and not do. He sends people in our path to help us stay on the “straight and narrow.” He gives us grace long before He has to correct us. Just like it is not pleasant when you need to correct your child(ren); it’s not pleasant when God needs to correct us. That’s way it’s so important to show our children the Love God shows us. Part of His love is His correction. Hebrews 12:6 says, “FOR THOSE WHOM THE LORD LOVES HE DISCIPLINES, AND HE SCOURGES EVERY SON WHOM HE RECEIVES."

Because God sees us as His children, He will make sure we are doing what He instructs us to do and behavior in a way worthy of our station. Our station is that as coheirs to heaven with Jesus Christ. If you are a child of God; you have accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior, then you are a child of God; and thus, royalty. When God draws us to Himself that indeed is the wow day because we will never be the same again. Thank you Lord for saving my soul and healing my daughter. I pray that you draw Ripley to Yourself at an early an age and make her a coheir with Teresa and me.

No comments: