Thursday, December 24, 2009

My Little Girl


I can’t say enough on how much I love my little girl. Ripley is so adorable and precious. She is a gift from God and I can’t believe she is here. It still feels like it was just yesterday I was talk to Teresa’s stomach and now she is 4.5 weeks old. She still just sits there staring at me with her big eyes. She is so tiny and fragile.

Ripley has been fussy today and Teresa has been holding her most of the day. After I ate our dinner, I took Ripley for some Daddy time. Teresa went down stairs to eat and I sat in the glider beside the bed. She had been somewhat claim when I took her but I could tell she was fighting the sandman; you never fight the sandman, he always wins. I just held her and glided looking at her fight the good fight and losing. According to Teresa, I look the same way when I’m tired and/or waking up (slowly). Of course, she looked adorable. After a good while, I looked down and she was out. So I just sat and glided and held my little bit of sunshine. She slept almost an hour while I held her.

Every time I looked down, I got caught by the beauty that is God. He formed this little girl from Teresa and my chromosomes; I’m hoping He took my best ones (all of Teresa’s are good). I thought how can someone so little and fragile change our lives so much for the good. Teresa and I are so blessed this year with God carrying us through the one income, the pregnancy of Ripley, the delivery of Ripley, and the surgery of Ripley. Our God is awesome. Thank you Lord for Your faithfulness.

No comments: