Friday, December 11, 2009

Perfect Peace



Last night before Teresa, Ripley, and I went to bed, we prayed together. I prayed that God would give Ripley a nice night of sleep and that Teresa and I would have total peace. God never stops amazing me on how loving a God He truly is. Teresa and had to wake Ripley up twice to feed her; she slept solid. I slept until Teresa woke me just before the alarm sounded; set for 5am. She shared with me that she was claim and had peace. It was awesome.

Before heading to CHKD this morning, we checked out e-mail and FaceBook. It is only because we have a true relation with Christ that we have peace through this storm. I read one person who I know is searching but isn’t completely share about Christ that she couldn’t sleep (time stamp was around 3am) because of her concern for Ripley and the operation. Because of the journey and relation Teresa and I have with Jesus Christ, we know He has little Ripley in His hand and His prefect will was going to be done today. We had perfect peace.

Praise God, Ripley came through the operation perfectly. The Ladd’s Procedure only took around an hour. She went in at 8:30am and we heard they were finished by 9:25am. Dr. Kelly told us that there are ranges with malrotation and Ripley had the more extreme so the operation was needed. They only had to cut Ripley about 2 inches to do the procedure. They used no stitches, but tape so the scare will small and will be almost invisible the time she is an adult.

I came home long enough to get Teresa some stuff. They have a small bed in Ripley’s room so she will stay with her at night. It’s nice we live maybe 5 minutes from the hospital (through the mid-night tunnel and we are there). I’m heading back but wanted to give the praise report.

No comments: